Trip goes to Caltech and lives in
Trip meets many exciting people!
Caltech flings Trip out into the cold hard world!
Trip moves to Santa Cruz to live with Chrisber, Gretchen, and Brad!
Trip loses his job, runs out of money, and lives on people's floors
for half a year!
Trip moves back to Santa Cruz to live on the floor of Bryant and Keely!
A strange person offers Trip and Bryant
jobs at Netcom! They get an apartment
and name it Axolotl!
Bryant imports Cera! Bryant and Cera
make Trip import Margaret!
Trip flees Netcom in moral outrage!
Trip mooches off John Hart until
getting a job at Netscape! Trip
rides the VTA a lot until he wises up
and moves to Mountain View!
Trip finally escapes tech support by going to work for Taos Mountain Software (a company that
produces no software and does no business in New Mexico)! Taos rents
Trip out as:
- an "Integrator" (which seems to mean "software gofer") to Synopsys;
- a move weasel to Quickturn
- a brainless network monitor and tape monkey to Frontier Global Center;
- an even more brainless website monitoring chimpanzee to
Internet Shopping Network (RIP);
- a webmaster-like thing and perl scripter to Filemaker (nee Claris); and
- a perl scripter to slip.net (now
Third^H^H^H^HFirstworld Communications, whose website
Ambar, Tara, and Bryant shanghai Trip to altavista:!
Trip writes perl and learns to admin
Compaq Tru64 (nee Digital)
Unixoid OS, while surviving many purges and forced marches!